Monday, April 13, 2015

For the past two weeks, I've been finishing the layout individual pages for the website. I've completed the overall look for each page: the homepage, the "Safer Sex?" page, the "Basics to Birth Control" page as well as each individual type of birth control, the "Get Services" page and the "Know Your Rights" page. I've also finished the "Sitemap" and "Sources" page. I haven't finished uploading each entry for the "Get Services" page and I haven't been able to take photographs of birth control methods, but otherwise I have completed all of the content for the website. The biggest problem I have been running into is making the website responsive, as well as positioning elements on the website. To make the website responsive, I essentially have to code the website three different times - a "desktop" version, a "tablet" version and a "mobile" version. I'm also trying to find natural breakpoints, meaning that when the content gets squished or begins to look awkward, I alter the code. Because I'm not well-versed in positioning, a lot of the elements have been shifting unpredictably depending on the size of the monitor, so I've been trying to account for that by adding more media queries. It's a pretty inefficient way of coding, but is fairly functional for the time being. I likely will not be finishing the website by the end of SRP season. There's a lot of functions that I would one day like to implement on the website - for example, social media outlets, different language versions, etc. There's also a lot of coding and debugging that I will have to do in the coming days. However, I will have the overall layout and content for the website finished by my SRP presentation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment