Monday, March 9, 2015

So far, I have designed the homepage layout and the layout for an article on a method of birth control. For the homepage, I decided on a simple, soft design - a full-width image for the top header, a second section with article summaries, a contact button and the footer. For the article, I've been aiming on an infographic look with succinct, summarized information that is fun, colorful and accessible. Looking at my preliminary plans for this website, I'm anticipating that the most challenging aspect to code will be the responsive navigation bar. For smart phones and iPads, it should be a collapsible menu that will cover the content when the user clicks on the little "hamburger" icon in the corner, but for desktop screens the menu will cover the top of the screen automatically. Though the design is fairly simple, I've never had to code a responsive, multi-level navigation bar before; however, there are many templates / designs online, especially at an amazing resource called This Is Responsive.

Color sampling from existing stock images  
Desktop mockup for homepage



I've also gotten great photo resources from Justice Amarillas, a BASIS alum! She's generously donated a great database of old photos from her SRP and AP Studio Art project for the website. I'm proud to say that this website remains a project designed by Tucson natives with the artwork and designs created by young adults. A challenge for me will be to choose appropriate images, particularly those that give off a "Tucson" vibe. 

Desktop mockup for an article page


0 comments:

Post a Comment