Tuesday, March 17, 2015

For the past week, I've been working on designing the layouts of each unique type of webpage. Last week, I posted images of the homepage and a sample of an article describing the IUD. This past week, I've created a layout of a "Safer Sex?" page, detailing how young adults can protect themselves from STIs and unplanned pregnancies while remembering the importance of communication, personal boundaries and unimpaired judgment while making decisions regarding their sexual health. For this page, I've made two separate mock-ups. One is bold, colorful, and styled to look like an infographic. The other resembles a more classic news article, and though it is much more minimalist, it can handle lengthier content than the infographic-styled webpage.

       


I have also been working on a design for the "Get Services" webpage, which will catalog the clinics in Tucson that provide birth control services and free condoms. For this page, I'm planning on making it filterable, meaning that according to certain tags you can find a clinic that will suit your individual needs. It has been especially tricky to integrate responsivity into this webpage due to this filter function, but I have been looking at the mobile version of clothing and shopping websites for inspiration since these also use filters as part of their design.

Finally, I am struggling to design a viable logo for Tucson Teen. Branding is challenging and I'm not particularly experienced in it. The logo above was my first design, with the T in Tucson resembling an IUD. However, it ended up being too grungy for the much cleaner aesthetic of the website. Back to the drawing board!

0 comments:

Post a Comment